Pediatric DentistryAn Overview
Valley Dental Health is a family dentist near Hunt Valley, Maryland. We treat patients of all ages and generally begin seeing children at age three, once all of the primary teeth have emerged. Dr. Ashely Izadi is well loved by our younger patients. She has a very calm and gentle manner, putting both children and parents at ease.
We deeply cherish the relationships that we build with our patients and enjoy watching children grow up within our practice.
Pediatric Dentist vs. Family Dentist
Choosing between a pediatric dentist and a family dentist can be a tough decision. A pediatric dentist is a specialist who only works with children and adolescents. A family dentist sees patients of all ages and is one who can grow with a child into adulthood. Families in the Hunt Valley area have the convenience and flexibility to see a family dentist and have the entire family treated by the same dentist.
Pediatric Dentistry What to Expect
Pediatric dentistry visits at Valley Dental Health are personalized for the specific child. Depending on the number and location of teeth as well as the dental health risk of the child, a typical visit may include:
- Teeth cleaning
- Fluoride treatment
- Diagnostic x-rays
- Screening for cavities and gingivitis
- Examination of the temporomandibular joints (TMJ) and jaw position
Pediatric Dental Concerns
- Dental Sealants – Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat may use dental sealants to prevent dental cavities in children. Dental sealants are made of bio-compatible materials, forming a protective barrier over teeth. They can be placed in a single visit and offer long lasting protection.
- Sports Mouth Guard – Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat can make customized sports mouth guards to protect a child’s teeth from injury during sports. A mouth guard generally covers only the upper teeth; however, we can create a mouth guard for the lower jaw if your child wears braces or another fixed dental appliance on his or her lower jaw.
- Wisdom Teeth – Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat offer wisdom teeth extraction in the comfort of our Hunt Valley dental office.