The best part about choosing Valley Dental Health for your general dentistry needs is that there is no reason to find a new specialist if you need restorative or cosmetic dentistry services. Our team is led by dentists Ashley Izadi, DDS and Roham Rafat, DDS, MS. Each has specialized training in all areas of dentistry including cosmetic dentistry. One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments offered in our Hunt Valley dental office are dental veneers.
We offer several types of dental veneers, including porcelain veneers. Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat will evaluate your condition, explain all your options and help you make the best choice for your cosmetic dentistry treatment.
Are dental veneers right for you?
Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat use dental veneers and porcelain veneers to correct a wide range of dental concerns and cosmetic dentistry problems. We can use a single veneer to correct minor issues or several tooth veneers for a dramatic smile makeover. Some of the common reasons for using dental veneers include:
- Repair broken or chipped teeth
- Close gaps between teeth
- Achieve a straighter, more symmetrical smile
- Cover stained or discolored teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
A cosmetic dentist has many choices when choosing a material for dental veneers. Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat may choose from the following:
- Composite resin veneers, also known as cosmetic bonding, are a type of veneer that is called a “direct restoration.” The cosmetic dentists will apply a tooth colored, biocompatible material directly to the tooth and sculpt it to the desired form. Composite resin veneers require very little tooth preparation. Though they are not permanent, they can be very long lasting with proper care and maintenance.
- A lumineer is another type of dental veneer. Also called “no prep veneers,” a lumineer can generally be placed on the tooth with very little preparation and can sometimes be removed. Lumineers are not for everyone; the dentist can help you decide if they are right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly aesthetic and the ideal choice for patients who want a very natural looking, long lasting cosmetic dentistry treatment. Porcelain veneers are custom-made in a dental laboratory and permanently placed onto the teeth.
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on the material used, number of porcelain veneers placed and specific condition of the patient. Before treatment, we will complete a full review of the procedure including the porcelain veneer cost. We offer convenient payment options, including interest free financing through Care Credit for qualified patients.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
Our cosmetic dentists design porcelain veneers so that they are long lasting. Ensuring a long lasting result requires significant planning on the part of the cosmetic dentists to address any underlying problems with the balance and stability of the bite. You can make sure that your porcelain veneers last for many years by adopting a healthy lifestyle, including practicing daily oral hygiene routines and visiting the dentist on a regular schedule for professional cleaning and examination.
Is the porcelain veneer procedure painful?
Patients often worry about pain associated with porcelain veneers. In order to prepare the teeth for porcelain veneers, our dentists must remove a small amount of tooth enamel. We take steps to ensure that each patient undergoing treatment with porcelain veneers is comfortable and relaxed. It is common for patients to experience some mild sensitivity immediately following treatment. These symptoms generally subside within 1 to 3 days of treatment.