Yoochan Hong DDS, MBS
I believe a person’s smile always leaves the most significant impression on other people. As a dentist, my hope for my patients is to be able to walk out of the office with the most healthy and confident smile! To achieve that goal I want to treat patients while following my dental philosophy which is to prioritize people’s health and comfort for patient centered care.
I am currently certified in Advanced General Dentistry, from the University of Maryland. My advanced training provided me the additional experience to provide top-notch dentistry in a multitude of areas including, cosmetic, digital, and laser dentistry. In addition, I have also been trained to provide multiple complex procedures such as full mouth rehabilitation.
From an early age I learned the importance of receiving and giving education because I was a son of a high school teacher. During my time with patients, I noticed a significant amount that were actually unaware of how to take care of their teeth properly. Even with something as basic as how to brush correctly. While my goal is to provide the best treatment possible, I also believe in guiding and educating my patients so they are able to maintain good oral health.
I have always been taught that great work comes from those who love what they do. My passion for my work comes from the ability to have a positive impact on others. My patient’s health and comfortability are my first priority. I am here to listen and answer any questions as we work together to achieve the best care for each individual.
I look forward to meeting you at your next visit to VDH!
- Laser Restoration using Fotona® dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry: Veneers using digital smile design, certified in Fillers, Botox® and Invisalign®
- Dental implant placement and restoration. CBCT(Cone-beam tomography systems) Interpretation and design surgical guide
- Periodontal surgery: Guided bone regeneration, flap surgery, open flap debridement. Gingivectomy, gingival surgery using NVpro3® Laser
- 3D Printing: Trained — Arch form, Mesh mixer Sprint Ray 3D printer to fabricate occlusal guard and aligner
- Proficient in Root canal therapy including multi root canal
- Surgical extractions
- CAD/CAM Onlay, inlay and crowns using CEREC®
- Zoom® in office teeth whitening
- Traditional and digital dentures
- Biological sciences. University of Buffalo State University of New York – Buffalo, NY
- Masters of Biomedical Health sciences (MBS), Oral biology, Pharmacology and Toxicology concentration, Rutgers Graduate school of Biomedical and health science – Newark, NJ
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), University of Maryland – Baltimore, MD
- Certificate in Advanced General Dentistry, University of Maryland – Baltimore, MD
- Certified in Advanced Education in General Dentistry.
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Certified in Botox and filler
- Certified in Invisalign
- Certified in Conscious sedation
Love playing sports in general, but my favorites are boxing and swimming
I like to spend time at the gym and have started to indoor rock climb