Valley Dental Health is one of the most comprehensive treatment centers for advanced dental problems and cosmetic dental concerns. Our dentists, Dr. Ashley Izadi and Dr. Roham Rafat are highly trained in all aspects of dentistry. Our dental team provides complete restorative dental services under one roof in our Cockeysville, MD dental office.
Dr. Roham Rafat focuses on the treatment of gum disease, implant dentistry and cosmetic gum procedures. Dr. Rafat, has pursued advanced residency training in Periodontics and Perio-Prosthodontics.
Dr. Izadi is a general dentist who has had specialty level training and experience in general and cosmetic dentistry. She was recently named Top Invisalign Dentist in North America. Together, they have more restorative dental experience than other Hunt Valley dentists.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry encompasses a wide range of philosophies and dental treatments. The basic focus is to restore health and function to your smile. In other words, we restore damaged teeth, and replace lost teeth with dental treatments designed to restore function to your mouth. Restorative dental procedures may include:
- Periodontal therapy: A process in which we address all stages of gum disease.
- TMJ therapy: Complete treatment for jaw pain and symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction.
- Dental implants: The most successful and longest lasting, permanent solution for replacing lost teeth.
- Dental crowns: A dental restoration that protects a damaged tooth from further infection and damage.
- Dental Bridges: A dental prosthetic that can replace consecutive lost teeth.
- Dentures: Traditional method of replacing a full arch of lost teeth with a removable prosthetic.
These procedures can be followed by cosmetic treatments. Cosmetic dentistry often goes hand-in-hand with restorative dentistry, as our dentists also strive to deliver beautiful, natural-looking results.
Dr. Rafat is one of the most highly trained periodontists in Hunt Valley, MD specializing in dental implants for missing teeth. The benefits of dental implants compared to other restorations include providing more structural support and long term oral health benefits.
Dr. Rafat can replace missing teeth with multiple dental implants or a single dental implant if you’re only missing one tooth.
What To Expect From Restorative Dentistry
Nearly all of our restorative dentistry procedures are performed in our comfortable Cockeysville, MD dental office. Our dentists start with a comprehensive exam and consultation that may include:
- Diagnostic x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal screening for gum disease
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Digital bite analysis and examination of temporomandibular joints (TMJ) and jaw position
- Digital imaging for analysis, diagnosis, and treatment planning
- 2-D and 3-D models for analysis and treatment planning
Payment & Dental Insurance Information
We strive to make your visit to the dentist as easy and stress-free as possible. That means flexible payment options and acceptance of all dental insurance. We also offer affordable financing options through CareCredit.
Schedule a Restorative Dental Appointment
Trying to find a dentist in Sparks, or Phoenix, MD? The dentists at Valley Dental Health may be the right fit to solve your complex dental problems. Find out what treatments are right for you, call 410.803.5587 or request an appointment online.